2019 brought us so many gifts. From Lizzo
to the chicken sandwich war,
“Sorry to this man”
to Baby Yoda.
Even if you weren’t a VSCO girl, 2019 was a great year, and that also rings true for the ClubX Blog. We had a blast, and since we LOVE data at BGCA, we’ve got the numbers to prove it.
There are so many highlights that it would take a year to list them all, including
- Starting the year right with a CQI Primer!
- So much STEM
- New Youth Trends resources like responding to online viral challenges and talking to youth about vaping
- Even more link roundups including ideas for Valentine’s Day, sidewalk chalk, cool (temperature-wise!) activities, storage solutions, door decor, Halloween, and LEGO
- Ways to mark awareness periods like Autism Awareness Day, Asian/Pacific Heritage Month, Pride, International Day of the Girl, and Multicultural Children’s Book Day!
But my personal favorite posts every year are the ones that come right from the most expert source- our Club staff. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE getting to share the best ideas from Clubhouses across the country, and in 2019 we were able to do it more than ever before. Check the Club Stories tag for them all, but highlights include
- Staying consistent with surveying in New Jersey
- Building strong women through SMART Girls
- Broadening horizons through coding in Virginia
- Passing down traditions in American Samoa
- Doing #WhateverItTakes to be inclusive in Tennessee
- Inspiring artistic passion in Wisconsin
- Meeting community needs in Michigan
- Throwing PARTIES in Texas
- Staying thankful across the Movement
- AND MORE
Once again, I (Sarah) offer an insanely huge thank you to everyone who contributed to the ClubX Blog this year. Any time I get to chat with Club staff about writing a post, I always start with “I fully understand how PRECIOUS your time is because I KNOW what Club life is like!” And the same thanks goes to all of our readers- we know it takes 100% of your time and effort to stay on top of everything you have to do, so for you to keep growing and striving and learning and improving is herculean. Its the entire reason the BGCA Youth Development team exists- to support you in creating #GreatFutures for your members.
It is also why we will be right here in 2020, with more link roundups and more celebrations and more quick hits and more Club Stories. It’s gonna be another amazing year, and I can’t wait to share it with you.
What do you want to read on the ClubX Blog in 2020? Do you have a story to share? Comment below, on the BGCA Youth Development Facebook page, or email ClubXBlog@bgca.org to reach Sarah and learn how to contribute!