2017 has been both the fastest
and the SLOWEST
year of all time.
But it has been a GREAT year for Boys & Girls Clubs! In 2017 the Movement has grown and strengthened, and incredible things are happening in Clubs across the country. And this little ‘ol blog began!
The Club Experience Blog has been live since August, and it has been such a joy to be a part of. Over these few months, we’ve shared activity ideas, training opportunities, and ways to have hard, necessary conversations about grief and trauma. Several of my BGCA colleagues have shared their expertise. We’ve also had a lot of FUN!
However, what I am most proud of are the stories that Club professionals have so graciously shared with us. SO MUCH WISDOM! In case you missed them:
- Monika at BGC Smoky Mountains reminded us what it’s all about
- Jennifer from BGC South Puget Sound inspired us to have a BLAST
- Floretta from BGC North Florida cast a vision of how her Club creates family
- Kendra from BGC Harlan County showed us how to give hope in times of sadness
- Heather from BGC Lac Courte Orielles cooked up success
- Tiffany from BGC Gadsden/Etowah County shared a sweet management tool
- Sarah Beth from BGC Central Wyoming shared the Code of the West
- and we got great bulletin board ideas from several Clubs!
Be sure to go back and read all these posts if you haven’t already.
I am so grateful to all of you who have contributed to and read and shared the Club Experience Blog this year. This time last year this was all just a dream rumbling around in my head, and to be able to see it actually become a real live thing is a gift. I am humbled and thankful for how far we’ve come, and *ridiculously excited* to keep going into 2018!
One of my big goals for next year is to have EVEN MORE guest posts! That is where YOU come in! If you have a story or a tip or a training or an idea to share, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get you on the Blog. (I promise, the process isn’t too painful lol.)
Another way you can help us this next year is by spreading the Blog far and wide. All posts are public, so feel free to share with your colleagues and your friends and your distant relatives. To make sure you never miss a post, subscribe via email at the bottom of this page. For even more content, download the YDToolbox app, and turn on those notifications to get the latest updates!
Thank you again, and I’ll see you right back here in 2018.