Like everyone else right now, we at the Club Experience Blog (well, let’s be honest this is 100% certified nerd Sarah speaking) have STAR WARS FEVER!
It is always fun when we can bring the things our members are loving in pop culture into our programming in creative ways, which is why I was thrilled when I came across this blog highlighting some fun Star Wars STEM play and learn activities! While it looks like the Left Brain Craft Brain Blog is designed for younger children, some of these ideas would translate really well to the Club context, and could work for older groups with some tweaks. For example:
- Star Wars Shadow Puppets
- Millennium Falcon Origami
- Star Wars Lego Building Game
- R2-D2 Perler Bead Craft
- DIY Recycled Droids
- Princess Leia Color By Number (and several more Star Wars options at varying grade levels at Coloring Squared!)
- Star Wars Snowflakes
- Use Geometry to learn to draw R2-D2
- Star Wars Galaxy Oobleck
- Hour of Code: Star Wars
- And others, depending on your group size and ages!
Find the links to all of these activities and more via the pin below.
How do you bring pop culture into your Club? Let us know in the comments below and you could be featured in an upcoming post on the Club Experience Blog!